In Victoria, fraud offences are contained in sections 81-87 of the Crimes Act 1958. These include obtaining property by deception and obtaining a financial advantage by deception. Fraud offences may be heard in either the Magistrates’ Court or the County Court of Victoria. Factors such as the value of the alleged fraud, the duration of the fraud and the record of the accused will be relevant to the most appropriate forum for the finalisation of an offence.
More detailed information about fraud offences in VIctoria can be found in the pages below.
- False Accounting
- Possession of Equipment Used to Make etc Identification Information
- Possession of Identification Information
- Making, Using or Supplying Identification Information
- False Statements by Company Directors
- Falsification of Documents
If you require legal advice or representation in any legal matter, please contact Armstrong Legal.