Dishonesty Offences (NSW)
In New South Wales, dishonesty offences are taken very seriously by the courts. One of those offences is impersonating a police officer, and is contained in the Crimes Act. Police in NSW are given extensive powers and duties in order to fulfil their role in society and the criminal justice system. For that reason, a person who impersonates a police officer can be subject to hefty penalties, including a term of imprisonment.
If you have been charged with a dishonesty offence it is imperative that you seek expert legal advice promptly.
- Impersonation of Police Officer (NSW)
- Aggravated Impersonation of Police Officer (NSW)
- Conducting an Unlawful Gambling Operation (NSW)
- Making False or Misleading Applications (NSW)
- Producing False or Misleading Documents (NSW)
- Providing False or Misleading Information (NSW)