ACT Criminal Law
National Criminal Law
NSW Criminal Law
QLD Criminal Law
VIC Criminal Law
WA Criminal Law
My legal matter concerning an application for a Domestic Violence Order was managed by Mr Thomas Allen. I am grateful for the outcome he obtained. Without Mr Allen and his ongoing support, I would be certain of a different result. It has been an extremely stressful period. Mr Allen’s astute ability to liaise on my behalf and his expertise was invaluable and for which I am grateful as I am now able to move forward. Thanking you
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Armstrong Legal and specifically Mr Thomas Allen for representing me in my recent case. At the outset, I would like to thank Mr Allen for the very professional delivery of his legal service. From the first time that I met Mr Allen, I was very impressed with his demeanour and delivery as he made me feel at ease knowing the severity of my case. Mr Allen not only gave me the possible positive outcomes of the case but also the realisation of the worst-case scenario as far as sentencing goes. … I will certainly be recommending Armstrong Legal to any of my friends or family needing representation in criminal matters. Thank you so very much.
Thank you for your representation and help. Fingers crossed for the next step and parole. I just want to say that from the first phone call to your office, your service has been outstanding and have put my mind at ease. I am glad I picked your number to ring.
Thank you Armstrong Legal, the lawyers that have helped over the past 3 years but more importantly, thank you to Thomas Allen for the major part you and Mr Buckland played. Cannot thank you enough. Cheers.
Hi all. I would like to thank Ms Lisa Riley for all her help with my legal issues this past month. It was the most harrowing experience of my life and thanks to her expertise, professionalism and knowledge of the law, I came out almost unscathed. I have no hesitation in recommending Lisa Riley and Armstrong Legal if you need help. The service is amazing and the cost was very minimal for the great outcome. Thank you Lisa for helping me in the most difficult time.
I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. My whole life I was thrown away, you made me feel like I did mean something. I could not have asked for a better lawyer. Your compassion and love for your job is inspiring. Your upfront and honesty were muchly appreciated, you are a beautiful person. Thank you for not giving up on me and thank you for all the work you put in. I wish you all the best for the future and I will be recommending you to everyone I know. You're amazing!!!!
I just wanted to thank you for representing me on Monday, I was overjoyed & relieved with the outcome. I don’t think it could have gone any better. All the best, I hope you got to celebrate this one instead after work, you forever made a difference in my life.
I know I thanked you before we parted company but please allow me to reiterate in writing my sincere deepest thanks for defending me in court today. … Armstrong Legal certainly has a great Lawyer you are a credit to the company and I'm quite sure you will secure a very successful future! … My Kindest Regards and Thanks
Throughout Angela has been the consummate professional. She maintained a calm, yet strong demeanour remained informative and completely open in her communication and took complete ownership of the situation. We felt confident we finally had an advocate to steer us out of the nightmare we were in, and she did so with great respect and sincerity. I cannot speak more highly of Angela. She has literally rescued our family from what looked very much like a hopeless future.
Words can’t describe how grateful I am to Trudie Cameron being my solicitor and to Andrew Tiedt presenting my case in the court. They both have been very supportive and amazingly professional and effective. I’ve got an absolutely fantastic outcome I couldn’t even dream about.
Soon after meeting Andrew I knew he was the solicitor I wanted to handle my matter. He immediately sprang into action which brought me stability and hope during a tumultuous time in my life. Andrew was never afraid to give me straight answers to my tough questions which is a true mark of integrity. He is clearly at ease in the court environment and I believe his calm and measured demeanour went a long way to helping me secure the best result from my day in court. I would certainly recommend you approach Andrew if you need assistance.
"Andrew Tiedt was very professional and considerate to personal circumstances and gave sound advice that resulted in the best outcome possible. Highly recommended."
Plea bargaining or “charge negotiation” can be used to reduce the severity of your sentence. But it’s important to consider the advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of plea bargaining
- It can avoid delay, stress and cost of a hearing or trial, as it can enable the prosecution to withdraw its case (or certain submissions) where appropriate.
- It can provide you with greater certainty as to the outcome of your case because you can control the facts on which you will be sentenced.
- If you plead guilty to a less serious charge, it can reduce the maximum potential penalty that you will face.
- It can avoid multiple trials or hearings arising out of the one criminal incident. If the prosecution cannot establish all elements of the offence charged at the trial or hearing, it may nevertheless have enough evidence to establish the elements of a less serious offence. This would mean another trial or hearing for the lesser charge.
- Where there are multiple offences, a plea to only some of the charges – the ones which are most representative – may be preferable to pursuing every single charge with no significant difference in outcome relative to the time and costs expended.
- It is possible to negotiate a charge that will be dealt with by the Local Court, rather than in the higher and more formal District Court.
- It can spare alleged victims and witnesses the trauma of having to testify. This may be especially relevant where the alleged victim or witness is related to the accused.
Disadvantages of plea bargaining:
- It can give the prosecution an indication of how you will conduct your defence. It may be that you have to disclose your defence and in so doing it gives the police the opportunity to obtain evidence to disprove your defence.
- In order to get the prosecution to withdraw a matter or to reduce the charge it may be necessary to highlight the weaknesses in the police case. Again, this gives the police an opportunity to fix any weaknesses in their case.
If you require legal advice or representation in any legal matter, please contact Armstrong Legal.
In NSW all corporate crime offences are dealt with in accordance with the sentencing guidelines and principles set out in…
As a result of amended legislation this penalty was repealed on 24 September 2018. A suspended sentence of imprisonment (Section…
When a New South Wales court is dealing with a person who has been found guilty of an offence, it…
201 Elizabeth Street
Sydney NSW 2000
575 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
91 North Quay
Brisbane QLD 4000
Nishi, 2 Phillip Law Street
Canberra ACT 2601
22 St Georges Terrace Perth