Speak Directly To a Lawyer Now

1300 038 223
Open 7am - Midnight, 7 days
Or have our lawyers call you:
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Criminal Record Check (NSW)

If a person wants to get a copy of their New South Wales or Federal criminal record, they can do so by filling out an application form and paying a fee. If you are a New South Wales resident aged 16 or above, you can apply via the NSW Police Force for a National Criminal History Record Check (NCHRC) for visa, adoption, specified occupational licensing purposes, and paid employment. You can do so by filling out the relevant application form, presenting it with proof of identity to a NSW Police Station or NSW Police Registered Organisation, and paying the applicable fee. This article outlines the process of obtaining a copy of one’s criminal record.

Child-related employment check

Individuals seeking a criminal records check in relation to child-related employment are required to undergo a working with children check and should refer to the NSW Commission for Children and Young People.

Criminal record check for overseas travel or living

Individuals requiring a criminal record check whilst travelling or living abroad must apply via the Australian Federal Police. You can obtain this from the Australian Federal Police.

If you require legal advice or representation in any legal matter, please contact Armstrong Legal.

Michelle Makela

This article was written by Michelle Makela

Michelle has over 15 years experience in the legal industry, working across commercial litigation, criminal law, family law and estate planning.  Michelle has been involved in all practice areas of the firm and in her personal practice has had experience in litigation at all levels (State and Federal Industrial Tribunals, the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, the Federal Court, Federal...

Legal Hotline
Open 7am - Midnight, 7 Days
Call 1300 038 223