Dangerous Driving Offences
A person who drives a motor vehicle dangerously could be guilty of a number of offences, depending largely on the outcome of their driving, usually regardless of whether they specifically intended for that outcome to occur or not.
If you were the driver of a vehicle involved in a serious accident, in particular if another person was seriously injured or killed, you should obtain legal advice, and perhaps even representation, even if you have not yet been charged. Armstrong Legal stands ready to assist you through what is certain to be one of the most difficult times of your life in the wake of a serious motor vehicle accident.
Subsection 328A(6) of the Queensland Criminal Code provides that ‘dangerous’ for the purpose of a criminal charge of dangerous driving means to:
“Operate, or in any way interfere with the operation of, a vehicle at a speed or in a way that is dangerous to the public, having regard to all the circumstances, including-
- the nature, condition and use of the place; and
- the nature and condition of the vehicle; and
- the number of persons, vehicles or other objects that are, or might reasonably be expected to be, in the place; and
- the concentration of alcohol in the operator’s blood or breath; and
- the presence of any other substance in the operator’s body.”
There are three types of dangerous driving offences, please select an offence from the list below for more information.
- Dangerous Operation Of A Motor Vehicle
- Aggravated Dangerous Driving
- Dangerous Driving Causing Death or GBH
If you require legal advice or representation in any legal matter, please contact Armstrong Legal.
WHERE TO NEXT?
In NSW, traffic offences are treated seriously. Therefore, it is important to get competent legal advice as early as possible, whether you have received a penalty notice, had your licence suspended or been charged with a serious offence. Our lawyers are highly experienced and understand the difficulties you face without a licence. We can guide you through the process while dealing with the various authorities related to your matter.