James Daly holds a Masters of Applied Law majoring in Wills and Estates from the College of Law as well as a double undergraduate degree from Victoria University in Business and Law. James moved to Brisbane from Victoria in late 2020.
James works only in Wills and Estates matters, with a particular focus in Wills and Estates Litigation. James has acted for clients in both family provision and will validity claims. James can also assist clients with proceedings for the interpretation of will clauses.
James has been recognised as one of the recommended Wills and Estate litigation lawyers by 2020 Doyles Guide (Victoria 2020). James has appeared in the County Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
Outside of work, James plays Rugby Union as a prop.
- Full Member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners
- What are the Obligations of an Executor in a Family Provision Claim?
- Claims by Dependents: Treadwell v Treadwell (Qld)
- Claims by Domestic Partners (Qld)
- Family Provision Claims by Spouses (NT)
- Family Provision Claims by Children (NT)
- Family Provision Claims by Stepchildren (NT)