Thomas Allen - Senior Associate – Brisbane
Thomas has been at the sharp end of the criminal law for close to 20 years. He knows how criminal charges can affect you and those around you. In an often stressful and frightening situation, Thomas delivers straightforward advice in plain English so that you know where you stand and what can be done to help you get through the court process and reach the best outcome achievable in your circumstances.
Thomas was a barrister specialising in criminal law in England for well over a decade before moving to Australia and then admitted as a lawyer in Queensland in 2016. He advocates robustly and persuasively for his clients in court, with prosecutors and anyone else that matters to the case, to secure his clients’ best interests.
Experience, knowledge, determination together with passion and empathy, Thomas helps you regain some control in a situation when often it feels you have none.
Thomas’s qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Economics and Politics) from the University of Southampton;
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Law from the University of Westminster;
- Barrister-at-Law (England & Wales) called by the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple;
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law, Brisbane.
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and of the High Court of Australia
Outside of work, Thomas likes to ride bikes and sail boats.