Oliver La Caze - Senior Associate – Melbourne
Since his admission as a lawyer, Oliver has exclusively worked in the area of wills, estates and trust disputes as this is the area of law he is passionate about. Initially, Oliver commenced his career in Brisbane, Queensland at a boutique generalist firm and then joined a wills and estates specialist firm before moving to Melbourne to join the contested estates team at Armstrong Legal. Throughout his career, Oliver has gained considerable experience and has acted in the following types of matters:-
- Family provision applications;
- Will construction / rectification applications;
- Issuing / defending applications for the removal of an executor(s);
- Applications for grants of representation;
- Issuing / defending Will validity claims;
- Estate administration matters;
- Succession planning including drafting testamentary trust Wills;
- Powers of Attorney matters.
Oliver’s keen interest in contested Wills & Estates matters and his experience in acting on behalf of both plaintiff and defendants means he is able to effectively avail his clients of their rights and guide them through what is typically a highly emotive and challenging time in their lives.
Outside of the office, Oliver enjoys playing a wide variety of sports including running, soccer, touch football and futsal. He also is a fervent Brisbane Broncos fan and when he can get time off work, he enjoys travelling overseas to watch his sister run around the athletics track for Australia.