Bree Staines - Senior Associate – Sydney
Bree is a senior associate in our family law team. Bree has a long-held passion for family law and believes that the law can be a mechanism to achieve positive and just change and resolution for her clients. Bree has practised exclusively in family law since her admission to the profession.
Prior to joining Armstrong Legal Bree worked at the family law courts in Sydney and Wollongong and developed a detailed knowledge of family law procedure and operations within the Federal Circuit Court, Family Court and judiciary. The diligence Bree applies to her work ensures she always has a comprehensive understanding of the law and the facts of a matter and will be striving to achieve the best outcome for her clients, both efficiently and cost-effectively.
Bree believes in the necessity of alternate dispute resolution in family law, and wherever possible, she works hard with clients to settle their matter in a way that is advantageous to them but also spares them the emotional and financial costs associated with litigation. Bree does, however, have extensive experience in court litigation, particularly complex property matters and parenting matters (including matters involving serious risk issues and family violence) and can capably advocate on behalf of her clients at Court. Bree has also worked alongside leading family law barristers in Sydney and developed strong professional relationships within the family law legal community.
Whilst Bree is based in our Sydney office, she has appeared Family Law courts around Australia, including Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, Wollongong, Newcastle and Lismore.
Bree’s areas of expertise include:
- property settlements and commercial advice;
- taxation implications of separations and settlements;
- financial agreements, including agreements prior to marriage or during marriage;
- all children’s issues including parenting issues and child support;
- complex parenting matters including matters in which the Department of Communities and Justice are involved, grandparents rights, international relocation and adoption;
- spousal maintenance;
- injunctions and restraining orders, including on an interim basis;
- domestic and family violence;
- international property and parenting matters;
- divorce; and
- Non-court based conflict resolution in family law matters, including mediation and arbitration.
Bree was admitted to practise in 2014 and joined Armstrong Legal in February 2015.
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts, University of Wollongong
- Master of Applied Law (Family Law), College of Law Sydney
- Member NSW Young Lawyers Family Law Committee
- Member Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member Young Professional Women Australia
Thank you for your efficient, helpful handling of the divorce case yesterday. It was an answered prayer for a peaceful process and outcome.
Thanks again for everything and on to hopefully more positives for my daughter. Appreciate everything you have done for us! Words really can’t express our gratitude.
Thank you so much for your hard work and your belief in a legal system that can work for the right reasons. I can clearly state that this would be a perfect moment of job satisfaction as you’ve helped reunite a child with his family.
Wow what a day yesterday and thank you so much for all your effort. Still a bit overwhelmed from it all and coming to terms with it. I can’t thank you enough for your massive contribution with it all and want you to know how much I greatly appreciate it all. Words really can’t express my gratitude… thank you Bree!
Bree has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She has been efficient, responsive, helpful and pleasant. She has taken care of everything and I’m so pleased that everything is now finalised and something I no longer need to think about. I could not have hoped for a better experience through something no one really wants to have to go through at all. She is a real asset to your team.
Lovely to meet you and thank you for your wonderful work. As I said I think that you did a great job on the affidavit material and I appreciate your assistance.