In Victoria, drug offences are regulated by the Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981. These offences range from minor possession matters, which may be dealt with by a Drug Diversion or Cannabis Caution, to large commercial trafficking matters.
The following pages have been designed to inform you on the most common types of drugs charges and the penalties available to the Court. It is not a complete list.
- Offences Involving Ecstasy
- Offences Involving Cocaine
- Offences Involving Steroids
- Offences Involving Cannabis
- Offences Involving Ice
- Possession Of Drugs Of Dependence
- Introducing Drug Of Dependance To Body Of Another Person
- Cultivation Of Narcotic Plants
- Possession Of Precursor Chemicals
- Trafficking In A Drug Of Dependence
- Trafficking In A Drug Of Dependence – Commercial Quantity
- Trafficking In A Drug Of Dependence – Large Commercial Quantity
- Import or Export a Border Controlled Drug or Plant
- Drug Diversion Programs
WHERE TO NEXT?
If you suspect that you may be under investigation, or if you have been charged with an offence, it is vital to get competent legal advice as early as possible. Our lawyers are highly specialised in criminal law and will be able to guide you through the process while dealing with the various authorities related to your matter.