In Canberra, drug offences are regulated by two pieces of legislation: the Criminal Code Act and the Drugs of Dependence Act. These offences range from minor possession matters, which may be dealt with by a Simple Cannabis Notice to large commercial trafficking matters.
The following pages have been designed to inform you on the different types of charges relating to prohibited substances and penalties available to the Court.
- Offences Involving Ecstasy
- Offences Involving Cocaine
- Offences Involving Ice
- Anabolic Steroids
- Offences Involving Cannabis
- Administration of Drugs
- Cannabis Offence Notice
- Cultivating a Controlled Plant For Selling
- Cultivating a Controlled Plant
- Possession of Drugs of Dependence Or Prohibited Substances
- Offences Relating to Controlled Precursors
- Sale or Supply of a Prohibited Drug
- Supplying a Controlled Drug to a Child
- Selling a Controlled Plant
- Trafficking in a Controlled Drug
The pages on our website are not a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Accessing or obtaining information from this website does not create a client-lawyer relationship.
WHERE TO NEXT?
If you suspect that you may be under investigation, or if you have been charged with an offence, it is vital to get competent legal advice as early as possible. Our lawyers are highly specialised in criminal law and will be able to guide you through the process while dealing with the various authorities related to your matter.