Should this death be reported to the coroner

A person who believes that a death is one where an inquest can be held, must report this death to a police officer or to a coroner.

A family member can also ask the police to report a death to the coroner.

For further information about when an inquest can be held, please go to When can an inquest be held?


If you suspect that you may be under investigation, or if you have been charged with an offence, it is vital to get competent legal advice as early as possible. Our lawyers are highly specialised in corporate crime and will be able to guide you through the process while dealing with the various authorities related to your matter.


Legal Hotline.
Open 7am - Midnight, 7 Days
Call 1300 038 223